Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Audio and Video

So I finally made my way over to YouTube and searched for marathon run to see what information I could find. It turns out that people have made a bunch of videos explaining their reasons for running, why they like certain courses and much more about running tips. Here's one about the Boston Marathon I found:



As far as libraries go, I think making library video and audio equipment more apparent to check out would help patrons in their creation of such videos and of course podcasts. Speaking of podcasts, I'm intrigued by the idea of the library offering podcasts concerning book reviews, speakers and non-copyrighted reads of storytimes for kids. I added a teen podcast to my bloglines account from Hennepin County Library system just because it offered patron book reviews by teens. Neat idea.

I checked out the overdrive catalog last and found that there were a lot of great e-books and e-videos out there. Can't wait to check it out on my mp3 player or my laptop.

No comments: